Below just a summary of some great tools (when shit hits the fan):
- VxStream Sandbox is an innovative and fully automated malware analysis system that includes the unique Hybrid Analysis technology.
- VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware. Scans are being performed by more than 50 anti-virus tools.
- Metadefender can scan a file up to 140 MB in size for malware analysis, vulnerability check, and data sanitization (CDR; Content Disarm and Reconstruction).
- Valkyrie is a file verdict system. Different from traditional signature based malware detection techniques Valkyrie conducts several analysis using run-time behavior and hundreds of features from a file and based on analysis results can warn users against malwares undetected by classic Anti-Virus products.
- ThreatExpert is an advanced automated threat analysis system designed to analyze and report the behavior of computer viruses, worms, trojans, adware, spyware, and other security-related risks in a fully automated mode.
In only a few minutes ThreatExpert can process a sample and generate a highly detailed threat report with the level of technical detail that matches or exceeds antivirus industry standards such as those normally found in online virus encyclopedias.
- ESET VirusRadar
World view on malware, with link to tools etc provided by ESET